- Promote BSM through your Chapter activities.
- Set up an information booth at city hall or a local hardware store.
- Visit a school and give a presentation about building safety.
- Post local information on your website.
- Send a news release to newspapers, and radio and television stations.
- Encourage local media to cover Building Safety Month activities and send public service announcements to local radio and television stations.
- Public information officers, city managers, or mayors could also arrange to appear on a talk/community information show through your local television or radio stations.
- Include a call-in, question-and-answer session as part of the program to generate even more interest.
- Be sure to also invite your local media to any scheduled events you plan during the month and post on your social media websites.
Monday, May 6, 2013
Happy Building Safety Month!
All this month, the International Code Council is celebrating Building Safety Month - and they're inviting everyone to join in and get educated about the important role code officials play in our everyday lives.
Building Safety Month's theme for 2013 is Code Officials Keep You Safe. Each week will focus on a different area of building safety:
Week 1 | May 6 - May 12: Fire Safety & Awareness
Week 2 | May 13 - May 19: Disaster Safety & Mitigation
Week 3 | May 20 - May 26: Backyard & Pool Safety
Week 4 | May 27 - May 31: Energy & Green Building
The International Code Council urges you to promote Building Safety Month in your community by doing the following:
To learn more about Building Safety Month - now in its 33rd year - visit
the International Code Council HERE.
For more information about building products that always meet code, CLICK HERE.