|Brushed, or #4 polish, will hide |
fingerprints & smudges
From consumer products like sinks and refrigerators, to industrial elements such as piping systems and chemical production materials, our lives just wouldn't be the same without stainless steel.
In the manufacturing world, this corrosion-resistant alloy is able to take on many different appearances. Below is a brief overview of the variety of stainless steel polishes that many metal fabricators offer.
1. NUMBER 4 POLISH - The #4 polishing technique has a "brushed" look and will mask fingerprints or smudges. This is also referred to as a "satin" polish.
3. NUMBER 8 POLISH - This polish provides a mirror-like result that looks strikingly similar to chrome.
|Circular polished stainless steel|
5. CIRCUMFERENTIAL POLISH - This method of polishing wraps around the exterior of round components.
6. CIRCULAR POLISH - Polish that creates circular patterns on metal is known simply as circular polish.
7. D.A. POLISH - This is a multi-directional polish type that looks very similar to mill finish.